03 July 2006

this is what paradise feels like

I was still a little down over the results of Saturdays game and Matt and Vasco calling to taunt me didn't help. Sunday however, tipped the balance of the universe in my favour. I decided to call Matt and return the favour. Mike, Jenn and I decided to hit up Torrey Pines yet again for some much desrved beach time. The beach itself was packed which was to be expected. We got wise this time and brought the BBQ down so we could eat on the beach.

The waves were really choppy and strung which made for some great body boarding. There were a few 6 footers which made me wonder what the surf was like at Blacks Beach. Blacks is about a mile north of Torrey and is supposed to be one of the five best places to surf in all of North America. I see it every day on the train and it's always packed with surfers regardless of the time of day.

Once we were finished and thoroughly exhausted from getting tossed around like rag dolls in the surf we decided to head in to shore and fire up the BBQ. Ah yes hotdogs and beer on the beach at the end of a long day is amazing. This was only suprassed by the pod of dolphins that swam by. My assumption was that there were about 15 to 20 of them. It was a really great experience. It was just one of those moments when everything was perfect and I remembered why I moved out here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home