13 June 2006

I had an amazing Sunday. I was up at 6 am to catch all of the matches of the day. Then it was off to Ocean Beach with Mike and Jenn for a little surfing and laying out. Not a great fan of OB, it’s basically a hippy party beach. Granted Mikes’ coworker does have a sweet apartment. He is essential 5 feet from the beach. Also playing against OB is the fact that there is a kelp forest in the area so the water is covered in kelp and it feels disgusting. I think Torrey Pines and Del Mar beach are the place for me.

So back to the world cup, you didn’t really think you were going to get a post from me that didn’t involve it right? I was watching a clip on my ipod of Robbie Keanes best goals and it included the goal in the World Cup against Germany. I think that was the most intensely happy I have ever been, just watching him slot that shot home past the invincible Oliver Kahn. I remember running yelling with joy in the office when that happened. Sure I looked like a loon but it didn’t matter.

1-Denial - The ref blew the call - if only we had put in such and such - if the ball went into the net instead of off the cross bar it would have been a completely different game - who knows maybe we can beat Germany - The brazilians aren't that tough I mean they've lost a game in the past three world cups and that was to the french - the azzuri are the best in the world - michael owen will eventually show up at a world cup match

2-Anger - that bastard ref - that idiot coach - it's a conspiracy against us - just give me five minutes alone with the opposing team and we'll see whose boss

3-Bargaining- OK so if we beat this team by 4 goals we can make it through - All we really need is for every other team to lose by 5 or more goals - All we really need is for Kasey Keller to be a better goalie

4-Depression-overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity, mourning loss of person as well as the hopes, dreams and plans for the future. Feeling lack of control, feeling numb. Perhaps feeling suicidal. And thats just waking up in the morning to find you're an England supporter

5-Acceptance-there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. We;ll get them in South Africa and so begins the cycle every four years.

Don't sweat it unless you're Brazillian chances are your team is going to lose more times than it wins so sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home