27 June 2006

Defend your iPod

So a friend who reads this blog fairly regularly was asking me what was on my iPod. So I am indulging her. Here is how this works, I hit shuffle on my iPod and explain the first ten songs that come up.

1) Kylie Minogue - On a Night like this
OK so it was bound to happen, 6500 songs on my iPod and the first one that pops up is an embarassing one. Alright so I like Kylie Minogue what of it. I mean I love 'Wild Rose' her voice with Nick Cave's is pretty amazing

2) Marvin Gaye - Stubborn Kinda Fellow
Show me someone who doesn't love Marvin Gaye and I will show you someone without a soul. He was just a harmonic genius and an amazing writer.

3)Black Sabbath - FX
So I loaded my iPod with some old Black Sabbath because from time to time you need to reconnect with the music you loved as a child. Plus compared to todays stuff it really doesn't sound metal at all

4)Goldie - Angel
Not a bad dj and producer for a geezer with gold teeth. Although he is a terrible actor and not even Bowie could have salvaged that movie.

5)Wolfshiem - Find You're Gone
Probably the best of the synth pop crop these days. Saw them in Detroit a few years back, well worth the drive.

6)Peter Tosh - Stepping Razor
I was never much of a Bob Marley fan but Peter Tosh seems to blend that reggae sound with a much more angry almost punk sensibility lyrically. This song is probably some of his best writing.

7)Dr Dre - Still D.R.E.
I won't lie The Chronic is still probably one of the best hip hop albums of all time and now that I'm on the west coast you knew I had to give love to Dre for that big bass sound.

8)The Stone Roses - Your Star Will Shine
I have decided that if listened to on its' own The Second Coming is a fairly solid album and a bit of a grower. The problem for the roses was that they had to follow the best album in Brittish music history with an average offering. '10 Story Love Song' is still an excellent cut.

9)Oasis - Wonderwall
My love for Oasis is well documented.

10)Ani Difranco - Both Hands
I still love Ani I just can't listen to her with the same frequency I did 5 years ago. Stil a fantastic live performer even if her preachign does get a little tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home